Working together for a living planet

Sunday, March 29, 2009

earth hour 2009: my view

half of my sunday was kinda packed with my daily morning exercises to start it out. then followed by a closing session of my former secondary school's 3D/2N PMR academic camp. puteri was involved actually. and now only i could post some updates on how i spend my earth hour 2009 as mentioned earlier.

we went to ipoh to visit an auntie, then it was dragged to earth hour. to sum it up, i don't think DBI was into the earth hour thingy. i didn't see most of their buildings switched off the lights. not even starbucks outlet! anyhow i dunno what has been happening back in kuale...


earth hour 2009: my view

first things first: ensure all the lights were off before we went out!
"good job gurl..." ;)




earth hour 2009: my view

pre-event dinner at aunt hap's place



earth hour 2009: my view

pic of megat taken at 8.35 pm and a minute later, with flash on and without one respectively



earth hour 2009: my view

self-taken pic at 8.41 pm, without the flash light



earth hour 2009: my view

unfortunately most of the shops at first garden were not that aware of earth hour!



earth hour 2009: my view

pics around ipoh city, clockwise from top left: (1) ipoh... no earth hour meh?; (2) jalan raja di hilir; (3) further up along jalan raja di hilir and (4) thumbs up to shell! this was taken at jalan sultan azlan shah. i parked the car by the road side for a while with the hazard lights on, to take this pic :)



earth hour 2009: my view

kinta city said NO-NO to earth hour, but only certain outlets participated i supposed including this coffee bean. i saw the MID and lights were off, except some lights at the counter.

it was sad when we passed thru ipoh parade earlier, we could see that the starbucks outlet there were happily operated with the lights on! walaweiiii... what has been happening to its ipoh outlet? i thought starbucks have proudly said that they were joining the event. gosh! i should have dropped-by there and ask instead lol...



earth hour 2009: my view

whatever it is... believe it or not i am so happy to get myself this skirt at RM7.50 ONLY (after a 70% discounts) at jaya jusco... aiyooo!!! bestnyeeeee... and it matched the shoes that i was wearing ;)



earth hour 2009: my view

we reached home just before midnight, and it was dark...


so what have you people been doing during earth hour. care to share it with me?