Working together for a living planet

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

conversations with other women

conversations_with_other_women


movies like this actually make me look forward to getting older. being wiser. more experienced. i feel like i am starting to get there now [i definitely look older :-) (?)], but i like the idea of a time when you can forget about the rules, but still struggle with them a bit, and just be impulsive. if you were not breaking some obnoxious rules, it would not be as exciting. but because you are older, you understand the importance of living for the moment, with no regrets. this is a dope movie… one of my favorites.

starring one of the hottest ever, helena bonham carter, and now one of the coolest… aaron eckhart.

*thank you so much to my good-long-time-online-friend ken, all the way in l.a. for recommending this to me.

**with that, i am so in lurve with the movie soundtrack now although i do not understand a single word, j'en connais by carla burni.

J'en connais des qui charment,
Des qui me laissent femme,
J'en connais qui me pment...
J'en connais des jolis,
Des qui roulent comme des filles,
Des qui me piquent mes bodys...

J'en connais tant tellement a me prend tout mon temps,
Et mme ma maman qui m'adore tendrement,
Elle me dit : "C'est pas bien, ce n'est pas bon tout ce rien,
Reprends ton droit chemin..."

J'en connais des superbes,
Des bien-mrs, des acerbes,
Des velus, des imberbes,
J'en connais des sublimes,
Des mendiants, des richissimes,
Des que la vie abme...

J'en connais mme tellement a me prend trop de temps,
Et ma pauvre maman se dit en soupirant,
"Qu'ais-je fait pour cela ? Est-ce de ma faute moi,
Si ma fille est comme a ?" {x2}

J'en connais dans chaque port,
Dans chaque Sud, dans chaque Nord,
J'en connais sans efforts,
J'en connais qui vont dire,
Que je suis bonne maudire,
Et moi a me fait sourire...