Working together for a living planet

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

of Mr Tax by Lydia Teh

It's that time of the year again. I don't like April because it's time to pay a visit to Mr. Tax. Those were the days when you'll get a thick white envelope in your mail box. Now you have to go to the Hasil department and get your form or download it from the website. Alternatively you can do your filing on-line. For two years I've tried this option. The first time I was required to go to the office to collect my PIN number. I think that's silly. The whole purpose of e-filing is to eliminate a physical trip to the tax office and we were supposed to pop in to collect the number! Forget it.

Last year I got the PIN number over the phone (or was it online?) and managed to access the income tax's e-filing portal. But the processing time was so slow it was like watching hair grow. I gave up after a few tries.

I've just sorted out our tax returns. It turned out to be easier than I expected. It's the same thing I go through every year. The mere thought of Borang B fills me with dread. But once I get started, the task doesn't seem so daunting after all. Doing the tax returns on Excel first does help, after which I transfer the figures over to Borang B. I think I'll give e-filing another shot. I hope it works this time.

P/S : Happy 36th birthday to kuE. May you stay happy and young in heart. Enjoy your thirties while you can. (Mine has gone with the wind.)

Lydia Teh
Ramblings of a Despe'rite Housewife @
http://lydiateh.wordpress.com