Working together for a living planet

Friday, December 09, 2005

think young

most of the shops at kinta city already closed. i was still waiting for my gifts to be wrapped by the shop lady at lovely lace. actually i already went to the shop earlier to buy the gifts that i wanted. i left the gifts there for them to wrap it for me. then i went to mph where puteri and megat were there, searching for a birthday gift for puteri's ballet friend. about 9.45pm, we went back to lovely lace, the shop lady still haven't finish wrapping my gifts. puteri and megat just waited outside. i dun want megat to break another stuff cuz he used to do that last time. i have to pay them more than RM30. anyway i bought two items yesterday i.e. one for a friend's sister' wedding this saturday night and another is a birthday gift for my mom. the one for my mom are so cute that i bought another set for myself. hehe... it's always like that. if i find the gift that i bought for someone nice and i like it too; so i just buy another for myself ~ 1 4 u n 1 4 me lor... i know mom will like it also as she's so into butterfly like me! the only thing is hers are green (her room is green) while mine are blue (my fav colour, also the theme colour of my room). well... i waited there another 1/2 an hour. when megat felt that i've took so much time there, he went in and mumbling to me for being so long there. i just asked him to wait for a while. hmm... i am a nice lady. i didn't even scolded them for making me waiting there. at least they kept saying the magic words that makes me cool down... the shop lady went out of the counter and gave the stuff that i bought personally to me and said sorry again and again and again...

suddenly when the shop lady saw megat, she was stunned, her eyes popped-out lol. no lar... she looked at me so deep inside my eyes.

"why", i asked the shop lady.

"this is your...".

"son. o yea... this is my son".

"your son? are you sure".

"yes", i told the shop lady.

"your first one?".

"nope. he's my second one, 6+. the first one is a girl, 11 years old, outside there", i replied while pointing my right thumb to puteri.

"ohhh... so wonderful. i thought that you are not married yet. oh my god... how old are you. 20's?".

i just smiled at her. then she talked mandarin to another girl in the shop, telling her about me and how that she was so surprised when she knew the actual me.

"so how old are you", the shop lady asked me.

"30 plus. err... 33".

"oh my goddd... i thought that you are 25!".

i smiled at her again before we left the shop.

well oh well... do i really look that young? i always put myself as a young lady anyway. i believe that it's good if i practise it that way... feels, think and live young! anyhow i've used to people who asked me questions like that especially when i go out with puteri. people always mistaken us as sisters. one thing funny... there's once when puteri went out with her wan chik and cik wah to one of the shopping malls in kl. it seems that the sales girl thought that puteri is my sister' daughter. when they left the shop, my sister told puteri jokingly of do not walk along with her anymore next time. she asked puteri to only go out with me instead lol...

we went to ipoh in the afternoon yesterday to watch
the chronicles of narnia: the lion, the witch and the wardrobe. 3.05pm show was fully booked so i bought tickets for the next show instead. as usual megat was so talkative while watching movies, asking me so many stuff. anyway i really should have gone straight home and written this posting instead of the following day (now) however, i am sure i can still describe accurately just how phenomenal this movie is. obviously, for those of you that have read the books, this movie brings back memories of a simpler time when we were kids (which i presume is when most people read these books). the movie sticks close to the original story penned by c.s. lewis – known for this series as well as various books on christianity.

this flick has something for everyone. the soundtrack is amazing and made the hair stand up on my arms at times. special effects are top notch – recreating narnia with all its characters including mr. tumnus – a minotaur, the great aslan – the king of narnia as well as other mythical creatures including centaurs, phoenix(‘s?), chimeras, unicorns, etc. the young actors portraying the young hero’s and heroines of this story are not only talented but simply delightful as well. simply put – go see this movie. you will not be disappointed.