Working together for a living planet

Friday, December 02, 2005

banjir in the royal town

i am rushing to complete some stuff for a meeting at shaidi's place at 3pm i.e. after friday prayers. suddenly i thought to myself, arrghhh... no way... i have to post this before i go there!

it was last night when i was playing scrabble with puteri. suddenly the house-fon rang and puteri answered it. puteri told me that it was for me. so i looked at the clock, it was already +/- 11pm. i wonder who was that. my cashier called asking whether they could close shop early. then i thought, wahh... this must be something wrong. he told me that some houses around talang area already flooded. o yea... then i realized that its been raining for a few days here. pity the people there.

this morning one of staff told me about what they saw last night. it sounded really scared. people staying in double-storey bungalow cannot come out from their houses. the tar road gone. the polo field (golf course) was like full of dirty waters etc. one thing strange, the perak river was damn fine. i dunno how's everything now because i haven't gone to the town yet. maybe i'll find out more about the talang area condition on my way to ipoh shortly.