Working together for a living planet

Monday, May 15, 2006

my birthday & mother's day

caution: this post is gonna be rather quite long and have quite a number of pictures too. enjoy!

hello people. how are you / apa khabar / ni hao / sawadikap / bonjour hmm... what else. would you like to help me here lol ;)

how was your weekend people. i hope you were all enjoying yourselves with your loved ones. to all mothers around the globe, i hope that its still not too late for us- puteri, megat and me to wish everyone a "happy mother's day". THE job are endless with NO pay nothing. you all have done a GREAT job. congratulations!

while for us here, we have decided to celebrate my birthday and the mother's day just the three of us elsewhere some day. i would like to say thank you so much to my puteri and megat for being such a wonderful kids who could understand their mother's condition so much mwahh...




its not that i cannot bring them out yesterday after puteri's sunday upsr workshop. 1pm is already a good enough time for us to go for an outing but the thing is we usually went to ipoh from morning and we enjoyed ourselves one whole day. the other problem was that i didn't have enough sleep, so i was doozing around like zombies.

alright i will tell you why i was damn sleepy yesterday. my mom and me went to my aunt's place (whose also my god-mother and winnie's mom) in ipoh the night before (saturday). i could say that it was a ladies night for us. the guest of honour with her entourage reached there at almost 11.30pm, after attending a wedding of a former local newscaster (i guess no need for me to tell the whose who here). then there were this first sessions of the event i.e. speeches, syair reading and also those gift giving sort of thingy. the best part that i like during that session was the fashion show of the models showing off the clothes from the 9 districts of perak. they were absolutely wonderful i tell ya.

around 12.30 midnight, all guest were requested to adjourn to the dining hall for supper (?). the emcee for this session was the well-known mahadhir lokman. the food were awesome! its not strange for us as the caterer was none other than the casuarina hotel. we were entertained by a local 3-piece band i think. they sang all kinds of music genres suitable for elderly ladies except hip-hop lol. maybe 1/2 an hr after that, we were surprised by the appearance of our very own raja gelek dato' m daud kilau with his shocking red outfit wah... he sang a few of his songs. we were also surprised by the cute gift given to all of us by the guest of honour (see the left pic). cute, nice and beautiful right. then the band continued to perform for us. at this stage, the guest were started dancing on the dance floor, as requested by the emcee. also the best thing was the pocho-pocho dance thats quite famous nowadays. i dunno the steps but i just went onto the dance floor and followed them. i think i should have learn it someday lor. i remember there's a policewoman asking me to join them some time ago. maybe i'll join them for a start ;)

we really enjoyed ourselves until we didn't realize it that the time already passed 3.30am (hehe... juz like my old younger days huh?!! but with a different version lol)! since it was already so late, my auntie asked us to sleep there first. i managed to sleep at 5am for two hours. my mom woke me up. if not i do not think that i would wakes up by then. by the time we reached here, it was alreay about 9am. luckily both my sister came back for the long weekend. one of them helped me to send puteri to school.


check this out people...


whose singing...




and whose dancing...



the pocho-pocho ;)



on saturday which was also my birthday, i was just relaxing at home with my family. my god-father came so that's why we can't go out that day too. anyhow, one of my sister baked scone for us for breakfast. oh... it was so tempting especially when it served hot. i received some birthday cards from my family members, also from some quilting friends from other countries. i adore a hand-made one from megat. he also make a flower for me using a paper and straw, helped by his grandma. although i didn't receive much gift but i like them so much 'cuz its my most precious gift given to me by my loved ones. its not the thing/gift that matters but their thoughts and loves.


here's a silver-plated butterfly potpouri box from mom...





and here's a liz claiborne leather hand-bag, a shared-gift from my two sisters and my lil' brother...




i watched a hindi movie after lunch. hehe... so long never watched hindi movie yea. when my mom passed-by me, she suggested me to have a nap as i would be going to ipoh with her that night. it seems that she afraid that i might be sleepy thus cannot drive. so i did. i went up to my room, switched-on the air-cond and i slept like sleeping beauty. 'till my grandma woke me up for a fon call from a friend. she called to wish me for my birthday. of course i can't get back to sleep then as it was almost maghrib. so i joined grandma at the patio. i saw there were already some goodies on our dining table i.e. fried meehoon, cream-puff etc. no one mentioned anything. i didn't even dare to ask anyone anything. i just talked with grandma while we were seating on the day-bed. some relatives came soon after. then they surprised me by singing along the birthday song from the kitchen with a birthday cake! auww... i was so touched.

i just would like to say thank you so much everyone for everything. love ya all mwahh...