This is a Sponsored Post written by me on behalf of PBM Products. All opinions are 100% mine.
I used to buy branded items but now, I content myself in buying store brands. I think that they have the same quality as the national brands. I started with laundry powder~ and the result was awesome!
Taking for example this exclusive survey of shopping attitudes made by GfK Custom Research North America for the Private Label Manufacturers Association or PLMA. Below are some key findings on this ongoing consumer research based on a nationwide poll of nearly 800 grocery shoppers about Recession, Recovery & Store Brands:
- 62% of the respondents plan to buy more Store Brand products given the tough economy. I guess with the given economic crisis we still have now it is wiser to buy a certain product of same quality but at a lower price.
- Patrons of store brands are at all-time high with 57%. Consumers are patronizing Store Brand products more than national brands because they are getting the same but at a lower price.
- There are 43% of shoppers who are trying Store Brands for the first time who are also used to buy only national brands.
- Among those who switched to a Store Brand 97% of those are happy with their new choice.
- 49% shoppers who turned to Store Brands are satisfied with the price and quality comparing it to national brands.
I encouraged my friends to give the store brand a try. Based on my experience, they won’t notice a difference especially if it’s a dish washing liquid or laundry powder where they cannot taste the quality of the ingredients. This year I have started to become a frequent buyer of store brands. The majority of shoppers now say they purchase store brand products on a frequent basis.
So far, I save about more or less $50 a month by buying store brands. If Parent's Choice is available here, I would surely recommend that infant formula to my friends who have small children too ;)