Working together for a living planet

Monday, September 12, 2005

weekend break-away

it was really great being up there at the cameron highlands over the weekend. i went there last friday, back on saturday evening. it was supposed to be for two nites but unfortunately my son has to attend a colouring contest on sunday morning. there were four of us ~ grandma, both my kids and me. i planned that just after i went there the last few months ago. this time specially for grandma's 78th birthday and at the same i could bring my kids there too.

wish you were with us! that was my second time i think, both on my own! i never got the chance to go holiday anywhere during my childhood. don't ask my dad as he never bothered to do so *sigh*. thats why now, i would try my very best to bring my kids around and spare some time with them. i do not want the same thing happened to them. the sad thing was that my dad asked me to come back early, worried that mom would left alone that day. wa lau ley... not my fault. why he left her then if he really concerned about her. my dad was not around that saturday ~ his usual excuses of went to kl :(

okay... back to the trip. we stayed at the strawberry park resorts. i only took one pic there hehe... thats a pic of some of the food that i took from the buffet breakfast table (my sis' style lol). although the room rates were not inclusive of breakfast, we decided to have one there as we don't think the local restaurants are as good as ours. it really tells when we went for dinner on friday at one of the mamak restaurant somewhere in tanah rata area. the food were really sucks and the bills came out to almost RM40.00!!! pity my son who was really hungry, that he didn't even finish his chicken rice. so he shared my cheese nan. its true of what i heard about foods there ~ terrible and expensive, maybe acceptable to hotels or well-known restaurants. thats also what make us went to dine at secret recipe for lunch. fuhh!... they open just after i left there the last in june.


both my sisters drove all the way from kl and joined us after breakfast. they really surprised grandma and kids. we met at tanah rata. my sister parked her car there and we went down to cameron valley together. the scenery there was so damn nice. as soon as we reached the tea plantations, my kids and me went straight down to the estates to view the tea leaves ourselves. further down, there was a very cooling waterfall from a small streams. grandma and my sisters waited for us while having some tea at the company's shop. i bought some boxes of tea for my staff as soon as i reached the shop. by 11.30 one of my sister already asking us to go out from there as more people kept coming and the place were getting crowded.

my sister took her car when we went back to tanah rata. we continued our journey up to brinchang. we stopped-by a few strawberry farms on the way up. we had our lunch before we carried-on to visit the butterfly farm. lastly we dropped-by some vegetable shops. that was grandma's favourite. she bought lotsa vegies there. we finished about 3.30pm. we then drove all the way back via kampung raja and thru the new road to simpang pulai, while my sisters went back to kl using the same road. i wished to come back some other time for a really good holiday.

o yea... maybe u realise that there's no other pics than the tea plantations huh?!! lol. well i used my nokia 7250i. i guess there must be something wrong with my mms features. i still couldn't get the other pics till now arrgghhh...

well, where's next anyway ;)

note: all pics taken by me except the last one taken by my son, all using my nokia 7250i :)