Working together for a living planet

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

mind your own business


i scolded a girl with tudung last sunday at my son's school during a colouring contest. i think that event was in conjunction with the merdeka day celebration. i didn't understand much of what the mc said because mostly everything was in mandarin. there were some kids from other kindergartens too. also there were some malay parents accompanying their kids. i really don't like the way they stared at my daughter and me, as though wanna eat us. i was juz wearing a non-sleeve blouse with a pants while my daughter was in her blouse and skirt. why they think they wore tudung that they already good enough? i don't believe in that statements at all. excuse me... not all girls/ladies wearing tudung are good okay?!!

i was really mad at that girl. here's the story like... i was sitting alone waiting for my son to finish colouring. there's also an old chinese lady besides me. my daughter was walking infront of me while that girl was on the other side. suddenly i saw her mouth moving (although i cannot hear what is it actually) saying something to her sister like... "ohh... melayu bukan cina". i was damn angry. so i waited for a chance to call her. as soon as she passed by me, i tapped on her shoulder and asked her to follow me to the side. i asked her of why she said such bad thing infront of people. i also reminded her that doing so was bad no matter directly or indirectly. i also told her off, "kalau awak nak bagitau kat mak awak tentang saya tegur awak, bagitau lar saya tak takut. kenapa, awak heran sebab dia tu putih. bapak dia cina sebab tu lar!". she was so shocked looking at me. she then said sorry to me of what she has done. i reminded her again, "okay lain kali jangan buat lagi".

wa lau ley... so young girl already knows how to tease/talk/gossip about people. wonder what would she be when she grows up. thats why i don't like to employ gal staff working with me. i know that their mouth would move more than their work! not my style man...