Working together for a living planet

Thursday, July 14, 2005

good boss equals satisfied worker

good morning everyone!

actually i dun intend to post yet as i have so many things to settle here. but since my staff brought these nice kueh (left pic) for me just now, i'm so proud to show u here some of our local "kueh". these were cucur cempedak and apam. nak bodek i ke ni? lol... no lar... actually i'm very close with my staff, treating them like my own brothers. i dun have female staff because i believe that only guys are good in this type of working environment. besides that, girls like to gossip. thats not my style. anyway used to have two female staff when i first took-over from my auntie about two years ago. alhamdullillah... they quit themselves after few months, not my fault! both of the girls, like i told u earlier, had their mouth moving but not in the way that it supposed to be. since both of them left, i decided not to take anymore girls. i tried to employ one last year as a cashier but after almost a year, i have to fire her because of her attitude problem. tak serik-serik lagi kan? but then i tried my best again a month after that girl left. this new girl was a police's daughter, only work for two months as she wanna further her study in johor. everything here now is all good and under control :)

i do celebrate staff brithdays together with all of them. this really surprised them as some of them never had the chance to enjoy this with their own family. thats what make them like to work with me i guess :) i send one of my staff to a supervisor course in subang few months ago. it seems that when the participants were asked to tell something unique about their working place, my staff mentioned about this to the lecturer. they were obvoiusly surprised as no other boss practise this.

my staff also could share their problems with me. they could either asked to see me individually or write to me if they do not have the guts to tell me. anyway i always remind them about the difference of working and leisure time. even i also "turun padang" whenever i feel to, meaning that i work together with them.