Working together for a living planet

Monday, May 12, 2008

the one with happy thoughts...

hmm...its' been ages since i last wrote an entry in a blog. yups, since i shut down my own 2-year old blog a few years ago.. but you see, the blog was competing with my fotopages for attention and with the continuously increasing demand of work, i couldn't maintain both and made a tough decision to shut down the blog as my passion for photography is much greater.

so it came with a pleasant surprise that this lovely lady who i met only in the cyberworld, invited me to her guest blogger in conjunction with her birthday. i actually missed writing in blog and in my old blog i could just rant and rant my thoughts and got away with it…hehehehe.

it’s gonna be 36, eh? well i celebrated mine last year. after many years, i feel that my birthday is getting less and less significant to celebrate. Is it because fear of old age? have other priorities? getting less presents (hehehe)? combination of all? or maybe because there are too many birthdays out there to celebrate – including agong’s birthday, sultan’s birthday, merdeka’s birthday, prophet muhamad’s birthday (which i like coz they mean off days for me…hehehehe).

but i couldn’t be helped but being reminded of my own birthday every year coz i share the same birth date with my mum. yups, yours truly was her best birthday gift when i was born (that’s actually a self-proclaim statement rather than my mum’s but i trust she’s gonna say the same if asked…kehkehkeh). one year i almost forgot my birthday until that flower shop in ipoh called me up (coz i use its service without fail for the last 15 years to send flowers to my mum on her birthday and mother’s day) ….thanks ah, auntie.

so what i hope as i aged? last week, my tok passed away. it’s sad but not that unexpected. he was almost 85 and had various ailments associated with old age. but i believe he had enjoyed his life to the fullest and had watched his children, grandchildren and great grandchildren grew up. i love him so much as i could still remember when i was in the primary school, he used to pick me up from school with his “basikal tua” and sent me home which was like 10km away, under the hot sun. i had nothing but happy thoughts for him. yups, that’s what i can hope for – happy thoughts.

not just my own happy thoughts but also for people to have happy thoughts for me. wouldn’t it be lovely whenever people think of me, they’d feel happy? wow, i think that’s the best man can ask for. it reminds me of the movie troy when the mother told archilles “if you stay here, you will live long, marry, have children and great grandchildren, but later you will die and soon they will forget you. but if you go to this war, you might die but your name will live forever” ( or something to that effect….man, i love the fight scenes of this movie).

oh, i don’t think that i need to go to a war for people to remember my name, though sometimes i think that’s actually not a bad idea. but with the state of current army (where i see the more and more generals on golf courses), i don’t think that i’ll get a chance to die as a hero. hmm…a trip to palestin, perhaps? oh, that i idea would have been great if i’m still single. for now, i’ll resort by being nice to people around me and try to make good changes, whatever i can….even if it’s just a cast of vote.

so, here’s to you, ku E. happy 36th birthday and i wish you the best in life. i wish you to have many happy thoughts and for people to have many happy thoughts of you. i sure have happy thoughts for you, especially for inviting me to the guest blogger here. hope you’ll invite me again, next year.

i end this entry with this picture which i shot in tawau a few weeks ago. i love this picture coz it reminds me of old age, friendship, to relax and enjoy life.

zuhri