Working together for a living planet

Friday, March 09, 2007

meeting very special kids

some of you may not know yet, that i am holding the position of vice president of pta of my former primary school. thus other than work commitment, i am also busy helping teachers to provide whatever the best for the school—i love my school so much. i do not like it to be left behind. so i was there this morning with the president, to give some support for standard six pupils. the school's pta organized a motivational programme for them.

i was walking at the corridor, to my 4wd. then i had been stopped by an indian girl. she called me cikgu (that's teacher in malay). from the way she talked and act, i understood that she is one of the special kids that is studying there. we continued chatting while walking. when we were about to reach the car-porch, another girl joined us. that malay girl is a special kids too. she looked at me and saw my blue butterfly ear-rings. "ehh... cantiknya (beautiful)", she said while touched it slowly. i dunno why, i felt so touched that i almost cry, but i tried to control myself. now both of the girls wanted to play with my fon. i told them nicely that its not something to be played. i asked them to stand together for me to take a pic of them instead. the malay girl asked me to give a copy of the pic to her (alright girl, insya allah i will give it to your teacher when i come back in about another two weeks or so). i kissed both of their cheeks before i go. i felt more touched when they smiled back at me.

aren't they adorable?

fyi, my former primary school now has about four or five co-add classes specially for special kids. during my time, it has only one class. they deserved to go to school to have good educations too.